Thursday, June 21, 2007

Kings of Leon


The third album from the Kings of Leon - Because of the Times is, in my opinion, the best album of the year so far. I saw them play in Chicago at the Riv last month - one of the best shows I've ever been to. KOL are three brothers and a cousin from the south. They are hard to pigeonhole, people started calling them the "Strokes of the South," which is not a good description. I guess you could say they play southern/indie rock/blues. Because of the Times isn't a drastic departure from their first two albums (also excellent) Youth and Young Manhood and Aha Shake Heartbreak, but I think it's definitely better (I'm not real good at writing about music, if you want a real review, go to Rolling Stone). Anyway, it's the best album I've heard since the White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan (I'm still digesting their new one, Icky Thump, definitely different, definitely brilliant).

No comments: