Sunday, January 4, 2009

Favorites From '08


2008 has come to a close. What are everyone's favorite books, movies or music from last year? Here's a few of my favorites. Yes, Bobby, I liked the Indiana Jones movie and I am not ashamed. 

Books


Liberal Fascism - Jonah Goldberg
Capitalism and Freedom - Milton Freidman
America Alone - Mark Steyn
John Adams - David McCullough
The Post-American World - Fareed Zakaria

Movies

The Dark Knight
Burn After Reading
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Iron Man

Music

Kings of Leon - Only By the Night
Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs
The Ranconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
Conor Oberst - Conor Oberst

4 comments:

Bobby said...

So glad you started this Jon. I'd been meaning to get a post up about this. I just finalized my list so I"ll get it up shortly.

Jon Vander Plas said...

Hey - do you have I'm From Barcelona's new one? Wondering which one I should get - Let Me Introduce My Friends or Who Killed Harry Houdini.

Bobby said...

I don't have it. Have to check to see if the library bought it yet. It has received some really good reviews.

I liked 'Let Me Introduce My Friends" a lot. There is some infectiously catchy stuff on there. It's makes me want to skip around.

marcusaurelius said...

Indeed, props for starting this, Jon. The nerd in me eats this stuff up. Lists are cool, ehehe. I just need to get organized enough this year to make one by the end of 2009. Although I do have a few haphazard suggestions.

I just got the recently released new/old Neil Young, live 1968 in Ann Arbor at the Canterbury House. This is right after he left Buffalo Springfield. It's quite a treasure. Loose, intimate, etc.