Thursday, March 1, 2007

Arcade Fire on NPR

Arcade Fire is one of those bands that even if their popularity explodes beyond its already expanded state, I'd still sing their praises. My music elitism (although less now than when many of you knew me) can't withstand the sheer pleasure I get from putting Arcade Fire on the old headphones and lounging on the couch.

The point of this post, however, is to make any fellow fans aware of a decent quality, legal, live concert recording from the band's final night of a recent 5 night gig at the Judson Memorial Church in NYC. NPR recorded it as part of a sporadic concert series and have put it up in downloadable form. It includes both old stuff and songs from their forthcoming Neon Bible to be released next week I think. Try to ignore the "reporter". I think he gets a little too excited to be there. Since I don't quite understand how to upload music onto this blog yet, here's the link.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

abockheim said...

Thanks for the info, Bobby. I'm a huge Arcade Fire fan myself. My old roommate who was from Seattle originally got me hooked. I'll check that out.

Micah B said...

have you heard any of the tracks off of the album yet? I am looking forward to it. What about the new modest mouse album. Also I was wondering if anyone has the new shins cd and what they think of it.