Thursday, December 14, 2006

Me n' my Red Ryder BB Gun


Weeeeell now, it sure is mighty nice to meet you fine folks. I'm very much excited about this whole set-up that Micah has procurred for us. I miss that old community I used to have at Calvin - the music-swapping, the story-telling, the laugh-having. It was a good time and I have not found a group that lovely since I graduated.
As for formal introductions, some of you know me, some don't. I know our godfather Micah through Jaime (the Ax) Bannister. I am a card-carrying member of Second Timmer and it was Jaime herself who introduced me to the guitar and co-founded our old band The Usual. These days I don't strum my guitar much - you're more likely to see me with my Red Ryder in the backyard shooting pidgeons. Actually the only gun you'll see me with is a price gun since I'm working retail right now.
My degree was in Psychology and Art but I find myself applying to graduate school in landscape architecture for next fall. It's a surprise even to me but I think it'll be a great fit and I can't wait to be back in school learning again. In the meantime it's to the Museum Shop stockroom I go. Minneapolis has been my home for a little over a year now and I really dig it. Lots of art, music, hipsters, snow (though not lately), and more music. My S.O. Justin works at the Walker Art Center doing geeky things like web design and VJ-ing. We live in a nice part of the cities where the coffeeshops prevail and the local hardware shops have not gone out of business (yet).
I'll give a rundown of what I'm indulging in lately, according to the five senses.
Sound: Black Keys, Neko Case, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Sight: Battlestar Galactica (TV), "Eat Love Pray" by Elizabeth Gilbert, photographs by Alec Soth
Taste: Tiramisu, Cider & Jack, Thai deliciousness
Touch: the fireplace in my new apartment and our slippery new leather couch (I keep falling off)
Smell: freshly-made Cornbread from Trader Joe's
and the Sixth Sense is Love, is it not? I'll spare you the details on that one.
So that is me in a nutshell, so they say. I do like nuts. Can't wait to hear from the rest of you....

No comments: