Saturday, December 16, 2006

Who T-Bone?





Who am I? I will take this opportunity to highlight a few of my favorite memories of Micah and how it is I came to know such a free spirit. My very first memory of Micah is in the seventh grade. I had not met him at the time, but heard a rumor that he had made the basketball team because his father was the principal. I assumed this was a reasonable theory put forth by our fellow students and assumed it to be true. Come to find out, pretty much everyone makes the team anyway. Micah’s basketball skills were later revealed to me as we founded the intense sport of Night Game, which was basically 2 on 2 played at night and the winners received a homemade championship belt. One of my favorite basketball moments with Micah is when we played one on one throughout the summer of 2001. I managed to beat him consistently. After one game late in the summer, and a severe beating on the court, Micah lost control over his rage, went for his authentic McDonalds Dennis Rodman hyper color cup full of water, and threw it in my face. Basically I have known Micah for a long time. His house was pretty much a second home to me. I have been subject to accusations of stealing Mr. Bannister’s underwear throughout the years. The fact of the matter is, it’s a big house that they live in, there is a lot of stuff going on and it is hard to keep track of whose underwear is whose. I cant help it if we wear the same brand. I remember the first time I met Micah’s brother Josh and Joel too. We were playing football in their yard and they insisted on hanging around, as little brothers tend to do. I remember I swore a lot at the time and that was not something the bannister boys were accustomed to. Josh and Joel kind of reminded me of Rod and Todd from the simpsons. Josh with his curly hair and and his great attitude, and joel…well he was more into tombstone pizzas and sitting in the basement. But they have grown up to be fine boys. Well I think I am going on too much about Micah and his family whereas I am probably supposed to tell people a little about myself. I am currently living in Canada with my wife Celia. She could be referred to as my sugar momma, as it is she works and I go to school. I’m cool with the arrangement and so far so is she. At least she says she is. I am also currently co writing a hit play with Micah. It is pretty much top secret, but it will involve squirrel tattoos on thighs, people doing beer, and a motor cycle ride to Sturgis. That’s all I can come up with at this time of the night.

5 comments:

JoelB said...

Rod and Todd? I don't think so Adam.

abockheim said...

Nice to meet you. Keep us updated on the squirrel tatoo thing.

Micah B said...

Out of all the memories you could pick from of coarse you choose my worst moments. You couldnt tell everyone how i wrote your vice president speech in 8th grade so you and zack camp could run the school. Come on!!!

Jackson said...

I thought about throwing that in but I ran out of time. I also thought about highlighting cloud 9 and the magic it brought, but again I ran out of time.

kinneyland said...

You sound nice, maybe you can give me a call sometime